Ocellaris wars

  • Thread starter Thread starter realest20
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

realest20

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 20, 2017
Messages
22
Reaction score
14
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long story short.
I had mated pair of black ocellaris. Lost the larger of the two.

Introduced an orange ocellaris (same size as remaining black). I used an acclimation box, and neither were showing aggression. Introduced Orange fully into tank.

Fast forward a week. The black is picking on the orange.

So I right know I have to black in time out in the acclimation box.

Any tips/input is appreciated.
 
For introducing new clowns to an established clown, quite a bit smaller is generally better than same-size. Now they're trying to figure out who's going to wear the dress in their relationship, and at similar sizes they'll both be vying for the top spot.

(In clownfish society, the female is the larger, sets the tone and makes the rules. A male by himself will often become female - and wait for a smaller juvenile to come along.)

~Bruce
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new