Octo Strong Food Clip™

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
food-clips01.jpg

food-clip-jumbo-01.jpg

food-clip-jumbo-02.jpg

At Octo Aquatics, I work hard to bring you the best quality products to be found anywhere. Three options: Single acrylic clip, Double acrylic clip or Jumbo ABS clip if you really like to fold your nori sheet! The magnet pod is 1 3/8″ diameter.

I use N52 neodymium magnets. Rare earth magnets are not reef safe on their own, so I fabricate custom acrylic pods that encapsulate the magnets and keep them away from your water. Please visit the magnet warning page for more information on these magnets.

Order HERE.

Last edited:

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those do look great!!

I'll keep it in mind, and getting tired ;Blackeye of netting out (old) suction clip-on's

Thanks for being an R2R sponsor and it means a lot.

:)

solitude127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any change we can get more pics? Maybe of the surface that touches the aquarium? When we remove the clip is there some to help prevent scratching?

Snitch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just would super-glue a cheap suction cup one to a Mag-Float. Put it anywhere, cleans the glass and floats.

Sorry - $30 is pretty expensive for a food accessory. Not trying to be rude or anything, but most people use a Mag-Float and they're not the cheapest things in the world, but they're more or less a necessity. You can then go to any LFS of big box pet store and get the clip for a few dollars. Glue the thing to the wet side of the Mag-Float and it will last forever.

OP
OP
cromag27

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any change we can get more pics? Maybe of the surface that touches the aquarium? When we remove the clip is there some to help prevent scratching?

the surface that touches the glass is just flat acrylic. the dry side comes with a felt pad.

OP
OP
cromag27

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just would super-glue a cheap suction cup one to a Mag-Float. Put it anywhere, cleans the glass and floats.

Sorry - $30 is pretty expensive for a food accessory. Not trying to be rude or anything, but most people use a Mag-Float and they're not the cheapest things in the world, but they're more or less a necessity. You can then go to any LFS of big box pet store and get the clip for a few dollars. Glue the thing to the wet side of the Mag-Float and it will last forever.

yes, you are being rude.

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Great idea if this was the diy section, but it's not, it IS a sponsors forum.

Some people like everything visible in the tank to have a nice finished professional appearance and will pay for that. If you dont care for it move on.

The nice looking food clips I've seen run $20 or more and have a reputation for rusting. If a few dollars more gets a better sealed clip it's well worth it.

OP
OP
cromag27

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great idea if this was the diy section, but it's not, it IS a sponsors forum.

Some people like everything visible in the tank to have a nice finished professional appearance and will pay for that. If you dont care for it move on.

The nice looking food clips I've seen run $20 or more and have a reputation for rusting. If a few dollars more gets a better sealed clip it's well worth it.

yes! and try to find one that will work on thicker glass for cheap.

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is a sponsor forum and they are here to promote and advertise what they produce and sell at what price is their business if someone doesnt like it dont come to the forum or buy their product. Its their choice to sell and yours not to buy if you dont want to.

Anyways i like the encrusted magnet idea as i have purchased many before from cheap ones on ebay, to name brand that actually failed and exposed the magnet to water and rusted. I paid just as much for that VERY reputable name brand clip.
Good luck with the new product. will buy one as need arrives.

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

In 8 years you have made 31 posts.

This is what you have to say?

It’s top quality, and ingenuity. I’m happy paying for the heater holder and skimmer stand. A little bit more $ and you get a lot more. And it is cosmetically nice.

Will buy again as the need arises. Don’t need the clip for my tailspot, but who knows what’s next! [emoji57]

paphater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance of making one with multiple clips? It's fox face and moorish idol like to tear chunks out where the nori is attached to the clip so with in 10 minutes the rest of the sheet is flying around the tank.

OP
OP
cromag27

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance of making one with multiple clips? It's fox face and moorish idol like to tear chunks out where the nori is attached to the clip so with in 10 minutes the rest of the sheet is flying around the tank.

sure. how close together?

Antics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Matt,

Any way to hybrid this with your FFF? Lets say maybe 5" across and two of these clips on the front corners? I'd love an all in one solution where I can keep something in the tank to drop frozen in and can easily remove to attach nori. Might even be able to get away with the one magnet?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back