Octospawn coral dying???

michaelabellz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put another fan into my aquarium recently because I felt there was not enough flow going around. I left it on for about 2 and a half days and the octospawn was very closed up and unhappy so I turned it off. The octospawn has 4 heads and two of them are doing fine, a little irritated but Other than that they look healthy. The other two heads are completely sucked into the skeleton and looks like it is falling off the skeleton. So my guess is the octospawn got a cut or scratch from something and the change in flow only made it worse. I have shut my jet off completely now because I’m scared to lose any more of the octospawn, but I also don’t want to annoy everything else in the tank that needs flow. Any suggestions???

Jbell370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine prefer the left side and back of the aquarium, judging by the movement I imagine there is little flow there, sad really as they are hard to see in that spot. The three I have are doing very well there, could be flow, could be light, or the combination. It is hard to please every coral.

OP
OP
michaelabellz

michaelabellz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now:
image.jpg

Before:
F4257687-E6AD-499D-AE10-C5CE60A19282.jpeg

My octospawn keeps getting worse, I put it in isolation yesterday but that doesn’t seem to help at all as it just looks more droopy. The parameters in my tank are normal although I have been having trouble with the heating system so temperature in my tank has been inconsistent and warmer than usual but the issue was fixed a week ago and the octospawn is still dying. Is there anything I can do???

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 88 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back