Octospawn getting too much light?

  • Thread starter Thread starter KVYA
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

KVYA

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 28, 2015
Messages
844
Reaction score
223
Location
Los Angeles, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
During the day my wall octospawn is really really retracted into the skeleton but during the night it's tentacles are extended 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches from the top of the skeletal base. This is about how much extended I saw it at the store so I'm guessing that's good.

Should I dim the lighting a bit?
 
Did the store have the same lighting as you? Is your more intense? Did you acclimate it to your lighting?
 
Yes the store had led's. I have been slowly increasing it but i may not have been doing it slowly enough I guess. I also noticed my favites with red polyps and green walls was starting to turn all red and lose all the green.
 
Might have gone to far with the lighting. Dropping it down might just help you.
 
Gotta ask then, whats your water params?
 
Phosphate?
How much does your PH drop off at lights out?
 
I've got no idea whats going on there, everything seems in place and correct.
 
What lights are you using? Is it possible that you have the coral directly under a white or red lensed led? The heavily focused light beam may be more than it can handle. I have had this problem before. I moved the coral and it went back to normal.
 
What lights are you using? Is it possible that you have the coral directly under a white or red lensed led? The heavily focused light beam may be more than it can handle. I have had this problem before. I moved the coral and it went back to normal.

Im using led's. It is possible since I have another octospawn that I got from the same store that was in the same area on the same day and it is higher up. I don't really have anywhere else to put it though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new