Octospawn

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked this Octospawn up about 5 months ago for my new show piece and it had lost its zoo anthology during shipping to me. It has been coloring
up since. As you can see in the photo not all the tips have turned purple yet. They all used to be pink andthe coral didn't have much green fluorescents.

Now its getting insane color and is gorgeous at night time. Anyone else have this experience with an octopawn? It seems to be also growing a whole
new wall coral as well. I can only see this at night when it goes to bed.

octospawn_day_2_zps4dklmrtb.jpg

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most ppl stripping their tanks from nutrients, with all kind of hyped up skimmers, reactors not to mention the bottles that they dose to rid of nutrients.
Most tanks with awesome color you really don't test the nutrients on.
If you ask what my Po4 is........... I really don't know.
I can tell you my No3 as I dose twice a day 15ml each and I'm ready to set up a auto doser just for that.
You never can have enough of that stuff in your tank ;)

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pic!
Sorry to go a little off topic here, but I've often heard the term octospawn used and only on forums with a mostly American population.
Is that a variant of frogspawn that that is known by a different name in states? Or a whole seperate species of euphylia altogether?

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Octospawn is a Euphylia that looks similar as a frogspawn but just more tips on a polyp that is extend, if that makes sense.

OP
OP
mtraylor

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree. Its classified I believe as another species of euphylia. There is one that I see that is almost see through fluorescent green. Its real beautiful, but I'm starting to wonder if it has just lost its zoo anthology.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree. Its classified I believe as another species of euphylia. There is one that I see that is almost see through fluorescent green. Its real beautiful, but I'm starting to wonder if it has just lost its zoo anthology.

That's probably what it is.
Euphylia's shouldn't be transparent, if that's the question it's lacking nutrients.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 2 5.6%
Back