Odd question for Disney's aquarium ???

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watching the Magic of Disney’s Animal Kingdom?
In one of the episodes, they mention that they have a mixing facility and show it running. Never mentioned which salt was used, but Jay has the inside-aquarium knowledge there.

If you are ever at the aquarium at Disney, you could probably ask cast members, one of them probably would know or could point you to someone who does.
Next time I’m there I’ll make it a point to ask
Now you got me curious.

LeannaBanana

Fishies and Frenchies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The actual behind the scenes tour does not include the area with the salt shown in the pic.
I got to talking with the tour guide and he requested special permission after the tour to take my family further and show us around a bit more. It was very cool when he came back to us and pulled us aside for the private walk. I felt like a VIP for all of about 20 minutes. LOL

We've gone on the behind-the-scenes tour twice (once about a year after it opened so quite a while ago, and another about 2 years ago), and we were shown the instant ocean on each. I hope they haven't changed that part! It was fascinating! Off the cuff, I think it was only like $20 extra and SO worth it! One of my favorite family photos is "on top" of the whale shark tank, but the best part is the reef tank! :D

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've gone on the behind-the-scenes tour twice (once about a year after it opened so quite a while ago, and another about 2 years ago), and we were shown the instant ocean on each. I hope they haven't changed that part! It was fascinating! Off the cuff, I think it was only like $20 extra and SO worth it! One of my favorite family photos is "on top" of the whale shark tank, but the best part is the reef tank! :D
Interesting you should say that. We went in June 2021 and like I said the tour guide ended the group tour and then came back to find us and asked if we would like to see the lower levels and showed us the salt.
I agree, watching the way they generate the waves in the reef was awesome and I’ve never seen so many MH lights in one place.
I really want to go back again!
Lol

Back