Odds to manage introduce a pyroferus?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JonasRoman
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JonasRoman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 6, 2015
Messages
1,376
Reaction score
522
Location
Sweden
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the headline says. My tank is well established and the exisiting fishes has been there for over a year with no further addition of "intruders" since then, meaning these fishes should be quite aggressive for newcomers. Anyway, as my Goldflake jumped out and died, I would like to introduce something "yellow", and as its always hard to introduce new fishes when the old ones are so established, I will go for an acanthurus (acanthurus pyroferus) which at least once accepted has a lot of selfconfidence. I understand no one can know how this will end, but what do you think? , is it even worth trying? The fish will pass quarantine, then I plan one day in accli box and then release it in the night.
The exisiting fishes and scape (open scape) can be seen in the vidoe. Fishes are:
Imperator, semiadult
Navarchus
Bispinosus
Naso lit
Some Anthias, and 3 oceallaris clowns
Leucosternon


/Jonas

 
I expect some heavy lashings from the Leucosternon. Especially with it being established and having such an NSA scape. Acclimation box and night time release definitely your best tactic if you go forward. What about a Halichoeres chrysus, great yellow fish that would fit in well I believe
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new