Off to work, Eat well while I am gone!

LadyTang2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd love to feed frozen LRS every day but works drags me out of town so I need to rely on an automatic feeder. BTW this is mixed reef with variety of fish including tangs, wrasse, angel. I have looked at the new frozen feeder but it does not hold enough and it's not proven so I see the auto feeder and potentially a doser with phyto or something else refrigerated...

1. Suggestions on food combos that could go in the auto feeder? I'm looking at combing pellets from New life spectrum, reef nutrition and maybe some benepets, but am open to things beyond pellets if they can either go in the auto feeder.

2. What foods are you all aware of that can go on a doser, so liquid but either stored at room temp or refrigerated and last more than a week?

3. Unusual dyi or unconventional suggestions welcome! I looked at dyi frozen but I just think they might fail and I dont want starvation.

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mix some flakes (crushed) with small pellets and some spirulina powder as well in my feeder when I am out. Fed over a ring so it doesn't disperse much.

OP
OP
L

LadyTang2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When home I'm happy to feed frozen seafood, but if they're accustomed to that, might some of them refuse to eat the pellets when I am away and starve? I've heard of finicky eaters refusing food.

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't had that experience but I did have the same thought at some point. I usually feed frozen when at home and so I started mixing with some pellets anyway to get them used to it and then I did a test with the feeder a couple days while still at home so I could check if they ate and they did. No harm in trying a couple days and see if they do.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back