Copperband not eating - can I try wax worms ot tubifex?

Azael

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a Copperband a month and a half ago and he is starting to lose weight. He was on the fat side and healthy when I got him.

At the LFS he ate 2 pieces of mysis. Bought the same type and he won’t eat them. He ate all the small feather duster I had in the tank.
I tried almost anything: light on/ off/ moonlight, feeder, live oyster, bought frozen 5 types, frozen shrimp, oyster, calamari, pellets, Masstick 80, garlic oil on food, selcon on food, nori. Some days he take maybe 1 bite and that is it.

In my area I can’t get live black or white worms.
The only live worms I can buy are tubifex (wild caught) or wax worms from the fishing store. Can I use any of them in the tank?

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no idea if tubifex worms or wax worms are nutritionally sufficient for a copperband, but ultimately if it’s going to starve to death then what is there to lose?
I know tubifex worms commonly get fed to freshwater fish so I would try them first. I’m not very familiar with wax worms, but aren’t they larger worms. For a copperband to eat anything it has to be small.

It’s a shame you can’t get white or black worms. It was white worms that I used until I got my copperband eating frozen.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.1%
Back