Official Prayer Thread!! (Prayer Request)

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As I have posted in my build, I had a stroke 4/9 of this year. Recovery has been way better than anyone predicted or hoped for. Praise God!

I am, however, having residual issues that we can't seem to pin down a cause. I go for a follow up today to find out results of a battery of tests.

Please pray guidance is received by the Dr. and my patience is bolstered. I have always been a quick healer and this is a bit frustrating even though I should be thankful. It's a struggle to keep my self in check.

I forgot to post another word of thanks: I have not had a cigarette since the day of the stroke! I smoked a pack or more a day for just a few weeks shy of 40 years. (Yes, I started when I was 10). I never could imagine my life without them and am so much better off.

Thank you all.

Praying for good results my friend!

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone.

Found the issue. Insulin shot way up. A1C went up too. It was causing seizure like symptoms. Added another prescription to my regimend for the next 4 weeks to see if it helps it.

Keep praying!

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone.

Found the issue. Insulin shot way up. A1C went up too. It was causing seizure like symptoms. Added another prescription to my regimend for the next 4 weeks to see if it helps it.

Keep praying!

Hang in there. I'm praying for you!

Evan28395950

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you will.. my wife has a job interview today at 4.. large increase in pay if she gets the position. she was shoulder tapped to apply. It looks good but ... it is a corporation so anything can happen. thanks..
update on my request. Still waiting on the second call.. president of company is out of town so nothing happening until next week.. we think..
How’d it go?

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone.

Keep praying!

Prayers for my wife. She goes in tomorrow for a biopsy on a tumor they found in her neck. JP

My Dad too. When it rains, it pours.

You’ve all had prayers sent up! Jesus and I are real close. God bless!

Evan28395950

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prayers are appreciated. Made some stupid financial decisions this year (non tank related). Thankful it wasn’t too much money. But still kinda feeling down. But I remember to always be grateful for what I have, because there’s always someone who has it worse.

DMG Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My husband was helping an old farmer cut down a tree out in a field. My husband went into cardiac arrest (his heart stopped). Just my husband and an 82 yr. old man, no cell phones, in the middle of nowhere. The second my husband dropped, a retired firefighter/EMT came walking up to them. He had stopped by the farm and decided to walk out into the fields to find the farmer who was his friend. The firefighter had his cell phone and told the farmer to call 911 while he did CPR. He kept doing CPR for 15 min. until the ambulance arrived. Then they used the paddles and got a heartbeat. The firefighter was crying, very emotional that he felt pushed to go look for the farmer that day. We feel that this was no coincidence. That was 2 yrs. ago, my husband had to get a defibrillator pacemaker but has had no further problems since that day. We celebrate 2 birthdays for him every year now. Miracles do happen!

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My husband was helping an old farmer cut down a tree out in a field. My husband went into cardiac arrest (his heart stopped). Just my husband and an 82 yr. old man, no cell phones, in the middle of nowhere. The second my husband dropped, a retired firefighter/EMT came walking up to them. He had stopped by the farm and decided to walk out into the fields to find the farmer who was his friend. The firefighter had his cell phone and told the farmer to call 911 while he did CPR. He kept doing CPR for 15 min. until the ambulance arrived. Then they used the paddles and got a heartbeat. The firefighter was crying, very emotional that he felt pushed to go look for the farmer that day. We feel that this was no coincidence. That was 2 yrs. ago, my husband had to get a defibrillator pacemaker but has had no further problems since that day. We celebrate 2 birthdays for him every year now. Miracles do happen!

Yes they do. I believe in guardian angels and that with God's will, they can give us direction, even when we don't understand why. To have that relationship with him allows us to understand, on his time table.

There has been so many times since I was born again (the day I gave it all to God, was a day that I finally trusted him completely. It was a leap of faith back then, not now.) that I've asked for a need, not a want (there is a huge difference) and on his time table, he answered my prayer. The first few times it happened, I was skeptical (doubt leads to fear, fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, sound familiar? It's true) This was long before my heart condition became aware.

I'm all in. No doubt, no guessing. Everyday I say " God, I trust you. I will follow what you want me to do". I live it. I breathe it. I walk the talk.

Miracles do happen, sometimes in ways we don't understand at the time. But do later. Amen.

Don Lidtke

Some Old Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While not a prayer these words from A.W. Tozer have been life changing for me:

The whole outlook of mankind might be changed if we could all believe that we dwell under the friendly sky and that the God of heaven, though exalted in power and majesty, is eager to be friends with us. A. W. Tozer