Official Prayer Thread!! (Prayer Request)

Bulldog07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure if this is the right place or not, but I feel I need to share my families experience yesterday. First, we are all ok. I cannot begin to tell you how thankful we are to have walked away.

Yesterday, family and I were hit by a semi that ran a red light. I was sitting at the light (I was driving), the light turned green and I waited because I couldn't see past the pickup to my left. He went, I went but hadn't even hit the gas yet, he stopped, I stopped because he stopped, and a semi drove over the front end of our Impala as he was doing roughly 55mph (according to other witnesses traveling next to him). To give an idea of the damage, they cleaned the pieces of my radiator with a broom from about thirty feet down the road. We were missing the front foot to two feet of our car. The hood was torn off, swung around and imbedded in the passengers side door about three inches below the window where my wife was sitting. I reiterate we are beyond thankful we walked away.

My 5 year old girl was in the back seat and didn't have a scratch. She was bouncing around all day without a problem. I have a concussion, deep bone bruises down my left side, and an extremely sore wrist (I have wrist problems anyway). My wife came out the worst. She has central line pain down her entire spine deep bruises on her elbow and shoulder.

I cannot stress how thankful we are that someone was looking out for us yesterday. My family is fine. I'm simply asking for everyone to just be thankful for what they have, prayers for those who are traveling, and maybe a prayer that the semi driver is able to find gainful employment in another industry at this career in trucking ended yesterday.
4fbdd8a6f8d4824f5e7c04c35457ce0b.jpg
3b79481bb00b8efdf6a067e50e06f9fc.jpg
5347aa9a17921bed28c88a3cb00d0cc9.jpg
d9792a14f0c9948ded04dcdc28974131.jpg
75549e57f52a4caea4edffa400704862.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure if this is the right place or not, but I feel I need to share my families experience yesterday. First, we are all ok. I cannot begin to tell you how thankful we are to have walked away.

Yesterday, family and I were hot by a semi that ran a red light. I was sitting at the light (I was driving), the light turned green and I waited because I couldn't see past the pickup to my left. He went, I went but hadn't even hit the gas yet, he stopped, I stopped because he stopped, and a semi drove over the front end of our Impala as he was doing roughly 55mph (according to other witnesses traveling next to him). To give an idea of the damage, they cleaned the pieces of my radiator with a broom from about thirty feet down the road. We were missing the front foot to two feet of our car. The hood was torn off, swung around and imbedded in the passengers side door about three inches below the window where my wife was sitting. I reiterate we are beyond thankful we walked away.

My 5 year old girl was in the back seat and didn't have a scratch. She was bouncing around all day without a problem. I have a concussion, deep bone bruises down my left side, and an extremely sore wrist (I have wrist problems anyway). My wife came out the worst. She has central line pain down her entire spine deep bruises on her elbow and shoulder.

I cannot stress how thankful we are that someone was looking out for us yesterday. My family is fine. I'm simply asking for everyone to just be thankful for what they have, prayers for those who are traveling, and maybe a prayer that the semi driver is able to find gainful employment in another industry at this career in trucking ended yesterday.

All I can say is "WOW"! Glad you and your family are okay!

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you and your wife a speedy recovery. The period after will also be a challenge just to drive, and its normal. Best of luck.

easternreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yesterday, family and I were hot by a semi that ran a red light. I was sitting at the light (I was driving), the light turned green and I waited because I couldn't see past the pickup to my left. He went, I went but hadn't even hit the gas yet, he stopped, I stopped because he stopped, and a semi drove over the front end of our Impala as he was doing roughly 55mph (according to other witnesses traveling next to him). To give an idea of the damage, they cleaned the pieces of my radiator with a broom from about thirty feet down the road. We were missing the front foot to two feet of our car. The hood was torn off, swung around and imbedded in the passengers side door about three inches below the window where my wife was sitting. I reiterate we are beyond thankful we walked away.

This is the place for a praise report as well. nothing better than seeing the good as well as the need.

Bulldog07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please pray for my family. My 87 yo father is in the hospital with several medical problems but has started hallucinating today. My mom has Alzheimer's dz and this has caused a major setback in her cognition. This is so hard to see and hear. Pray for peace for them and for us. While it's hard to understand this happening, we know that God is still in control even when it doesn't seem that way to our human understanding.

Scubabeth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please pray for my family. My 87 yo father is in the hospital with several medical problems but has started hallucinating today. My mom has Alzheimer's dz and this has caused a major setback in her cognition. This is so hard to see and hear. Pray for peace for them and for us. While it's hard to understand this happening, we know that God is still in control even when it doesn't seem that way to our human understanding.
Talk about a lot to deal with! I am praying for wisdom for your dad's doctors, peace for your mom, and strength for your family.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%

Back