Official 5 Gallon LifeGard Aquatics Nano Build Thread!

6TankReefer9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been out of the reef keeping game for a a year but the return was inevitable. Not hating all the go large or go home aquarists, but I just want to make a small visually appealing sleek desk Full View aquarium with a hidden 5G sump. My premises are to keep things simple. This won't be my "Dream" tank rather a step into tweaking everything and later transitioning into the final take. Initially I was going to drop an eshopps overflow box, however both the S and M were overkill and I doubt the 1/8th glass thickness could have supported all the weight in addition to 3 bulkheads and lights. I've already sourced an AI Prime Hd+, just drilled the two return bulkheads and low profile return bulkhead with a slim strainer. I've opted for two returns and a 300G return pump to have enough flow to get away from using a power head as ideally this will house two BTS nems and a pair of snowflake clowns. Curious as to your thoughts regarding the my return plumbing and drain.
Screen Shot 2018-12-07 at 9.12.11 PM.png
IMG_2189.jpeg
IMG_2193.jpeg
IMG_2195.jpeg

Last edited:

Nanoreefwannabe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good start..I love my 5gal, I went for the 360° viewable at first but that became tiresome, now I can only view about 270. I had dual returns at first, but switched to a single, and opted to use power heads instead.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 60 74.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back