Official Fungia Show Off Thread...

  • Thread starter Thread starter ddiver
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
The first of many to come.

20240229_202703.jpg
 
I’ve been told this is a Heliofungia fralinae. Either way, I love this guy. It eats like a pig! Here it is all plumped up full of Reef Roids. It’s about the size of a silver dollar.
IMG_1543.jpeg

IMG_1544.jpeg
 
If anyone knows how to make this frag, dm me. I lost contact with the parent owner but he told me the parent plate is 6+ “ and forms buds on its own, and he collects the buds and grows them to 3/4” then sells them. This started as 3/4” and now is approx 3, I would love to know if there is any way to trigger this “budding” and I can’t find any info other than a survival tactic if it’s dying. But clearly that’s not the case cause the parent owner says it happens frequently and his is healthy
E2DC6440-AEFB-4CC3-9BFD-88F442E1816D.jpeg
75E421C4-303D-4A95-BFC7-ADD4550BE6EE.jpeg
DA473337-FEB2-4A92-9766-0385E7AFB0EF.jpeg
1D4793FC-D588-461B-A75A-B16F4F2E3A59.jpeg
3458DA65-CCCE-4625-A9B2-CA8CEF3F3D40.jpeg
 
It looks like it's on fire with the orange tentacles. I call it the Fuego Verde Plate Coral.
 

Attachments

  • 20250823_140852.jpg
    20250823_140852.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 20250823_140844.jpg
    20250823_140844.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 20250823_140826.jpg
    20250823_140826.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 56
  • 20250823_140819.jpg
    20250823_140819.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 36
I have recently become very interested in plate coral. Here is my first one! Pictures don’t do it justice. The coral is super bright and colorful under both daylight spectrum and blues.

IMG_6833.jpeg
 
I have recently become very interested in plate coral. Here is my first one! Pictures don’t do it justice. The coral is super bright and colorful under both daylight spectrum and blues.

IMG_6833.jpeg
That's a stunner! I love plates, too. Here is my TSA greenie, grown from a tiny pizza slice:
PXL_20260211_214356941.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new