Which zoa/paly morphs are melters?

• Total voters

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well after trying to frag my 6 polyp frag of darth mauls i came home today to see a plug of only glue so there goes my 80 dollar frag and as for the sopranos a friend of mines has been trying to frag me a single polyp frag for quite some time now with no success so those 2 zoas are notorious melters

OP
OP
Akwarius

Akwarius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6 polyps of dm for $80 is a pretty good deal!

For those of you who like darth maul but are afraid of them melting, give the hardier "spackled red var." a try.

Lowsingle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The JF bloodshots were melters for me......they grew fast and just as fast they all melted away......they are by far the most finicky zoas I have had.....

cheers,
Darren

Dang I forgot to put bloodshots, wows, and pink elephants on the list. Pink elephants do well for me, wows melt, and I've never had bloodshots but I hear they're finicky.

OP
OP
Akwarius

Akwarius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah I've heard that about the bloodshots, but ive never tried them myself. I thought they resembled "lotus eaters", which are a GUARANTEED melt for me.

OP
OP
Akwarius

Akwarius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow- already 11 sopranos melted! Theres more aquacultured frags of them out there than I thought.

jiffy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bam bams are also a strong grower for me.. but lunars are the worst for me or maybe the first 2 frags i bought.. cuz i have a new frag now that i picked up at a frag swap about a month ago, they havent grown too much but they havent melted or closed yet either.. *fingers crossed*

bumpkin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds crazy but i cant keep tubs blues alive to save my life....the original orange mauls were growing like crazy but had lost most of the black in them so i droped them 3in lower in the tank and they closed never to open again....the red ones are tough as nails cant frag or abuse them enough

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6 polyps of dm for $80 is a pretty good deal!

For those of you who like darth maul but are afraid of them melting, give the hardier "spackled red var." a try.

I heard from a friend that the campfires were hardier as well and resembled the darthmuals a bit as well.

Yup, lots of people with melted sopranos out there.

OP
OP
Akwarius

Akwarius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumpkin, maybe you zoas are getting too much light?

xmetal, I've never heard that campfires are hardier. Maybe someone could chime in who has had experience with them.

bexarhunt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about adding rastas to the list? I insist on trying again though so waiting for them to come in! Could there be a hardier strain than others? I don't seem to have problems with many others.

OP
OP
Akwarius

Akwarius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about adding rastas to the list? I insist on trying again though so waiting for them to come in! Could there be a hardier strain than others? I don't seem to have problems with many others.

I agree that rastas should be on the list. I honestly had never heard of them melting for people before reading this and the other recent thread. They've been aquacultured hroughout the hobby for a few years now.

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say that Lunars should be on the list as well.

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've yet to successfully keep Lunars, tried several times. Recently aquired a chiller, curious to try some of my "melters" again to see if temp stability played a large or small role.

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've yet to successfully keep Lunars, tried several times. Recently aquired a chiller, curious to try some of my "melters" again to see if temp stability played a large or small role.

Well im glad i am not the only one on lunars...i really thought they were a pretty easy zoa

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well im glad i am not the only one on lunars...i really thought they were a pretty easy zoa

I don't think so, I think they tend to come in really often, so they appear to be pretty common. I know several die-hard zoa keepers who have said they really can't keep these from melting.

ScottyMcReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sc orange rainbows.... i almost tossed my tank out the window after losing these.....2 Days after becoming Tyree :(

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

ScottyMcReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also i agree on Rastas. I noticed one grows and the one it grew off of melts. Idk why, but it remains a mystery.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back