Official Melting Zoa/Paly Poll

Which zoa/paly morphs are melters?

• Total voters

Ninjapotamus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my darth mauls have all but melted as well... tiny little stubbles are all thats left. My fingers are crossed that they will come back,. but i have my doubts at this point.

tens8273

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have recently introduced darth Mauls and campfires into my system. The Mauls melted away in a week and the campfires continue to look great. As soon as I upgraded my skimmer, I also have trouble with my blue hornets after a year of great growth before that.

ja4207

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far tubbs blue are the only zoas that have melted for no reason on me. To which I can certainly stomach ad I have nightmares, arms, bloodshot, red/blue/purple hornet, UC which are all doing great and fragged multiple times.

KoralKeith

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well what we should all do is when we have a melt test water quality to see if that played a roll also it will help other zoa paly keeps. Also where you had the zoas/palys placed and what kind of lighting at the time of the melt down

CanesFan44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Armageddons are the poster child for growing very fast and melting away. It happened to me a few times and I never really frag'd mine. Mine grew so quickly that I would just put a few little pieces of rubble around the colony and within a week all the rubble would have a few polyps, so I never had to cut (they weren't the matting type of paly/zoa). I never read or hear about Armageddons anymore. I would love to get some more and try again. It's one of those things were I want them because I refuse to admit that I can't get them to survive long-term. I never saw any changes in alk, mag, cal, etc, etc around the time they would melt away, and nothing else ever died. My acro's didn't even fade or darken or show less polyp extension throughout the year I tried to keep them. This has always frustrated me and makes me think that it was just some freak occurrence, and I've always wanted to get some again. If anyone has some, I would love to buy a frag from you.

Luisra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never had issues with zoas, I blast them with an MP40 and they love it:tongue:

CanesFan44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance you have some Armageddons that you can sell me? I've been looking for some for the past 2 years. I'm going to send you a PM.

kershak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Japanese Deep Water" morphs ,they are the most faster melted zoas i never seen or i always have bad luck,i never keep a colonie for more than a few days in my tank.but they are beautyfull colored zoas:too_sad:

ruppertb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far I have has 2 that just melt/disappear. Red Hornet and Pink Elephant. Grew from one polyp to 3 and then over night, melted mess, wouldnt open, next day..... gone

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a great thread and glad that someone bumped it up.

I had Dark Phoenix's and they started off as great but ended up closing up and then melting on me within a month. Mauls, just not worth trying anymore. Nightmares do very well for me though. Had a lotus eater morph do great, then decided that living in a tank was too cruel vs the ocean and well, the rest is history. That was only one morph though, my other two are still doing well. Rastas are weird. If you get a good frag, they do terrific. However, when they get PO'd for the longest time when I frag them (more specifically the polyp that went to a new frag plug).

Aqua fire/medic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow's are definitely melters for me...... I had lunars almost melt on me, moved to medium flow low light and saved them 3)

eaze333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if these ones are prone to melting. I had 25 polyps of Bloody Mary for about 4 months, fragged 2 polyps and the colony completely melted withing 4 days. The 2 polyps lasted good for about 2 weeks until I moved them to a different part of the tank and they melted the next day.

shecter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive had 3 different utter chaos frags from 3 different sources and they all went from 1 to 3 or 4 polyps and then melted. very disheartening

Wesley42079

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 3polyo CherryCharms have melted.

I noticed some flesh flapping around so I dipped it in Revive.

Apparently it didn't, since after 4 days it slowly withered away.

impur

GO DUCKS!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nightmares have melt 3 different times on me. My african blue hornets are in the process of melting :( They had grown to about 80 polyps too

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 37 30.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 44 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.1%
Back