Official Micromussa lordhowensis (formerly Acanthastrea lordhowensis) Show Off Thread

Top Shelf Aquatics

rmiles54

View Badges
Reaction score
Got to be one of my favorite corals. Where is everyone getting these from? Any online retailers or specific hobbyists that are selling? I have a few different but would love to have more of a variety. Thanks for sharing everyone. Keep me coming!!

chickenplucker24

View Badges
Reaction score
What’s the trick to growing Acans? I’ve never had much luck with them.
I personally tried in a sub 1-year system with no luck. Fast forward to addition of a sump/refugium and 2 years, and complete success. Definitely don't want to be blasted with light, but rather food lol

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Got to be one of my favorite corals. Where is everyone getting these from? Any online retailers or specific hobbyists that are selling? I have a few different but would love to have more of a variety. Thanks for sharing everyone. Keep me coming!!
LFS, online outlets, and frag shows! Come to one Reefapalooza and you can stock your tank up quickly!

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I personally tried in a sub 1-year system with no luck. Fast forward to addition of a sump/refugium and 2 years, and complete success. Definitely don't want to be blasted with light, but rather food lol
They can handle more light than you think. I’m running an Gen 4 XR30 Pro at 60% on my lil 25g. IMO, food is the key.

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
AquaSD usually has a nice selection

Here are mine

Top Shelf Aquatics
Top Shelf Aquatics

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
And my second favorite Acan, micromusa, looks like a picturesque black hole sun. Gave some to calikid to grow out awhile ago, might get named by then.

And a new Acan I'm getting, looks like a true yellow/gold. Pictures under whites and blues -- Cherry Corals rainbow sun. I'm only getting a couple heads but here's a colony pic too.

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Sorry for crappy pics really hard to capture the colors of this acan where it is located in the tank

When I got this piece it was just labeled as a red acan from ASD. It is morphing into several new colors. It started out as red with blue stripes. It now is displaying oranges, yellows and greens. It looks like the newest head that is under the upper one is a lime green. Can't wait to see this baby grow out

How excited are you about the new R2R Market?

• Excited or Interested

Votes: 367 76.6%
  • Not that excited or interested

Votes: 112 23.4%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Triton Marine Aquaculture
Lotus Reef