Official Moseleya Coral Show Off Thread

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you happen to own one of these corals please share a picture here.Feel free to share your experiences and husbandry suggestions as well. The piece below came from a local Oregon vender.It's seems to be relatively easy to care for and not overly aggressive.

DSCF8151.jpg

Last edited:

zesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! Doesn't seem like there's a lot of people showing there's off!!

I'm going to have to keep an eye out for this one.

Thanks for sharing! I would love to see continual growth of this guy.

OP
OP
kireek

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I do! Thanks for the reply @Leslie Tabor . I love the coloration of yours.This coral is doing well for me.It did get into a fight with a lobo coral and was heavily damaged.Fortunately the remaining heads survived.Here are some recent photos;

SAM_1187 (2).JPG SAM_1185.JPG

Leslie Tabor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't wait to see mine open up a bit like yours, it is a really cool coral! I found in on accident at Unique Coral. I am glad your survived as it appears not too many ppl have them! Any tips for a noon on keeping it happy? I read low light and sand placement but that is all I got! :)

OP
OP
kireek

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I can tell tell you how I keep mine.I have it located about 2 feet from Ocean Revive 3WATT Full Spectrum LED'S.I keep mine on the sand bed for now.I think it may be just as happy with a rock to grow on.It does not want sand on it so I have it elevated a bit on the bottom.I rarely see it's feeding tentacles out anymore.However,I have about 20ppm Nitrates in my aquarium so I believe it's a heavy eater.

SAM_1170.JPG
There she is,all the way at the bottom.I found a nice sheltered spot away from all the lobos.

LPChrisB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you happen to own one of these corals please share a picture here.Feel free to share your experiences and husbandry suggestions as well. The piece below came from a local Oregon vender.It's seems to be relatively easy to care for and not overly aggressive.

DSCF8151.jpg

20200714215420s.jpg

LPChrisB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's mine! Looks like 1 pops up every couple years on here...lol!

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20210829_202046.jpg

Trying to keep up the one per year trend.

musicman223

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just inherited a small tank from a friend who moved away. There was a large mosoleya in here and it was originally blue and green, he said. The tank was mostly neglected over the last 6 months, so I am working on upkeep and turning things around!

This lil dude is already looking happier. I've just started to feed reef chili in the water column, but will start target feeding when some more tools/equipment arrive next week.

20210929_172424.jpg

Any care tips, or more specifically, has anyone had one lose and then regain its pretty colors? I've seen pics of this this where it was absolutely gorgeous a year ago. Kinda boring looking now.

Back