Official My Tank Needs Help Thread

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know. There is zero coralline.

I do lightly stir up the sand during weekly water changes.

There are 12 cerith snails and a tuxedo urchin.

I've cut back with the lighting schedule due to the algae, but I think I'll start extending it. Also the total photoperiod is 8 am to 10 pm. Just 5 hrs are at 75%, the rest are ramping up and down.

I wash the filter socks in the washer. No bleach
I would suggest trying just rinsing socks with a hose. When I change socks I fill a small bucket w water an some peroxide and rinse in the yard.

It just feels like there's a contamination.

Sleeperr34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was having a similar problem not that long ago in my tank. N and P were sbowing 0 but was fetting nasty hair A. All over my tank. I also had a nice red/pink fuzzy crap in my sump and starting in the tank. I went out and got a lawnmower. 3 urchin. And about 6 turbo snails. Put 3 in the sump and the rest all in the tank. With in 2 days everything was go. Or almost gone. My sump looks brand new now. Just the algea i want in it. No red. And my tests are now reading what i want. About a 2-4 with N. And P. Just a hint of color.

Scott.h

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you aren't getting coralline that could also stem from instability in parameters, or fluctuation rather. Or it could go back to available nutrients in the water being used up too.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back