official SCA owners thread/club

Polithium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I'm getting ready to order a 150 gallon,and have a shipping question. I was curious if everyone paid the extra $40 for the lift gate? Or did the truck have it anyway?

Simple reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't just assume you will get a truck with a lift gate. If you don't pay the fee. They will assume you have a dock. Most likely send a truck without liftgate. You will likely cause delays. Also the 40 covers the cost the shipping company charges to use the liftgate

JayRozzer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone have him raise the overflow holes up for an exotic marine overflow?

JayRozzer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless you were getting a rimless tank, there is no room to raise overflow. The top of the inside weir comes up to within an inch of the eurobrace.
I’ve seen some people get the tank without the back eurobrace. Not sure if that’s frowned upon or not. Where’s the water level with the EM overflow?

zukihara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you get a SCA drilled for ghost/shadow overflow now, I suggest aftermarket bulkheads as the ones provided are 3d printed garbage and do not fit well.

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ve seen some people get the tank without the back eurobrace. Not sure if that’s frowned upon or not. Where’s the water level with the EM overflow?
I'd have to measure when I get home but I want to say 2.5" maybe 3 from the top of the glass.

Mine had eurobrace all around.

benapilot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Maybe 2" from the top:
IMG_0950.jpeg

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My SCA 150 was just delivered on Wednesday and I had the liftgate delivery added on. It does show on the SAIA shipping receipt "Liftgate Delivery/Hand Unload".
Just curious, do you have to pay tax if our of state? And where it was shipped from or they’re located.

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question to those of you who have purchased an sca tank.

Does the freight company call you to schedule delivery? I can’t exactly just take off work days in a row and wait for them to show up randomly.

I had an sca 150 I bought used which broke when moving to my new house. Want to order a new one but the website doesn’t address the receiving side of it

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 52 39.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 38 29.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 24 18.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back