official SCA owners thread/club

  • Thread starter Thread starter Devaji
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
My 150 gal Rimless!

47DDFEE9-EFCA-4DB9-AB0A-9CE072E5CC66.jpeg


6ACCDFE6-4540-4720-AA67-13F1554BD6A3.jpeg


F4DA655D-4042-44FA-904E-80969EEABF8B.jpeg
 
@Picesduh yes yes and YES! I am a big fan of them some day...
so how do you like it so far?

Well so far it’s an empty glass container in the middle of my dining room, literally in the middle since I moved it to paint the wall it’s going to be up against (I thought it was a peninsula? - yes but for the time being it is going to be a corner tank with only two sides viewable) In the future it will be a true peninsula.

Right now I have my rock curing and need to build the canopy and an electric panel. After these two I’m going to plumb the tank and water test it. I am hoping the water level is not to much lower than 2 inches from the top of the tank (1 inch from the bottom of the Eurobrace). I see a lot of SCA tanks with a lower water level mainly because of the recessed Eurobracing. But this method of bracing seems to be stronger but that’s just my guess based on looking at it. After I find out the exact water level I’ll need to drain the tank and then install the canopy to cover the top of the tank just low enough to cover the water level. Honestly I’m on the wall about the canopy but I’m planning on making it match with the stand wrap and it gives a more finished look. Here is the tank as you will see it when you walk into the house (plus the water , fish, corals , wrap, etc)

57921cf84ae0020ef686cde49ceefb39.jpg


And when sitting at the dining table (sorry for the awful glare)

5d76175f18039f96701baedc07a5ac97.jpg
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new