Offroad's Predator Tank

offroad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank has been running for 2 months and all my fish are doing great.

FishAddict87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking tank but do you have a plan for when those sharks grow? They already look cramped in that tank with all the rock work.

Oceansize

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The rockwork and the variety are amazing. But it breaks my heart to see the sharks in such a small space. The tank seems very small for sharks of that size. Not judging, just observing.

FishAddict87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't want to sound like I am lecturing but we do keep these animals in our homes as pets but we should also ensure that we are providing everything they need for long term success and healthy living. From what I have read over the years, keeping a shark or multiple sharks, is not an easy task in the fact that we must provide them with ample space to swim/grow/live and also make sure that their tank mates are also not going to bother them. Many would say that tangs and puffers and triggers do not make good tank mates for sharks as they are pickers and will most likely pick the sharks. Also corners of the tank can and most likely will negatively effect the sharks snout as they swim into it. I have read that this can cause deaths as well. Please take this into consideration and do research before purchasing these animals. I understand that you may be able to provide them with care for their lifetime as you may have a larger tank to transfer them to but as many would agree with me on is that we are in this hobby to care for these creatures for their entire life. I hope this helps.

OP
OP
O

offroad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone for the compliments. I know my tank is going to be to small for the leopard shark. I thought I was getting a leopard catshark but a Japanese Leopard came in. I am looking to rehome him. I will keep everyone updated on their progress.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 165 72.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back