OG Bounce Shroom Growth

Your bounce looks like it wants to split. I bet it probably would if it had more surface area to move around.
 
Today
1015605F-C821-47B4-BEE5-EEEDCDCF832B.jpeg
 
This bounce has been in my care for two years now. The last 7 months I haven’t noticed a ton of growth. It could be due to too much lighting. I removed a Radion XR15 and just left an XR30 Pro over my 40B tank.
5B5F8CBD-3ACE-497E-B253-1605E9EE0A97.jpeg
1D8AAA91-3429-4270-B47E-3DEDED3997A2.jpeg
 
5 years and 3 clones! That is one slow growing coral.

I have 5 myself that I've had for about 2 years now. Any clue on what got the coral to split? I know folks cut them, but I'd prefer to find a way to get them to split. The guy I bought mine from actually got them to split fairly often, but he had a tank dedicated to just OG, placed them on a bed of small stones, and moved them around every month or so.

Haven't tried that myself, but I'm starting to think the time has come to try the same in my tank.
 
5 years and 3 clones! That is one slow growing coral.

I have 5 myself that I've had for about 2 years now. Any clue on what got the coral to split?
Could’ve been a total coincidence but it split shortly after a red Haddoni anemone walked/touched all over the shroom. It was so stressed the bounce stayed deflated for some time. I thought it was dead. Bottom line is I think it might have been stress induced but I have no way of proving it.
 
5 years and 3 clones! That is one slow growing coral.

I have 5 myself that I've had for about 2 years now. Any clue on what got the coral to split? I know folks cut them, but I'd prefer to find a way to get them to split. The guy I bought mine from actually got them to split fairly often, but he had a tank dedicated to just OG, placed them on a bed of small stones, and moved them around every month or so.

Haven't tried that myself, but I'm starting to think the time has come to try the same in my tank.
This is what it looked like when splitting
IMG_6714.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new