OG Green Montipora aequituberculata?

Brandon McHenry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 28, 2015
Messages
1,645
Reaction score
2,961
Location
Vero Beach, Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!
I was given this frag for free from a local fish store to try to grow out. They said it was an original green Montipora aequituberculata from the Tyree colony which is around 20 years old now. Any thoughts or opinions? I know the picture is rough. Sorry :p
image.jpeg
 
It's possible it could be. It looks a bit rough. I'll try to snap a pic of mine and post it up in a bit.
 
It's possible it could be. It looks a bit rough. I'll try to snap a pic of mine and post it up in a bit.
Yeah it definitely is not in the best condition but it was free and I couldn't pass up of the chance to see if I could bring it back!
 
Hey free is free. I've received some free frags that bounce back after a little time and TLC. They can be some great pieces and if you don't like them after they recover trade them or pass them on to another fellow refer. I picked up this Tyree Aquituberculata from WWC. It was just barely the size of a pinky nail. Growth is pretty steady had it a little over a month. Currently under ATI T5 CP,BP,PP. Along with Kessil A360WE. High flow and about 16in from the lights.
IMG_2701.JPG
 
Hey free is free. I've received some free frags that bounce back after a little time and TLC. They can be some great pieces and if you don't like them after they recover trade them or pass them on to another fellow refer. I picked up this Tyree Aquituberculata from WWC. It was just barely the size of a pinky nail. Growth is pretty steady had it a little over a month. Currently under ATI T5 CP,BP,PP. Along with Kessil A360WE. High flow and about 16in from the lights.
IMG_2701.JPG
Awesome! Hopefully mine will color up nicely and become something cool. And you've got to love WWC.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new