• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

@Og_Reef - playing the long game for a quick SCAM? BEWARE

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

jessezm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks! Hate to be the victim and bearer of bad news, but @Og_Reef seems to have scammed a few of us. I'll swallow my pride and admit that I paid using Venmo for a Gen5 Radion, having let my guard completely down. DONT DO THAT!!!

Here is the offending thread, though it seems like there was another incident this weekend as well: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/radion-xr30-g4-pro-xr30-g5-blue.715801/

Basically, me and another member (I'll let him speak for himself) both paid for the same item (the G5 Blue). There's no way it was an accident because we confirmed the timing of the communication we each had with him. He confirmed payment and said he'd ship priority for monday (today). Anyhow, he hexas now disappeared and me and a few other members are out a good bit of cash.

PSA: Just because someone has a history of posts here DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE LEGIT! always use protected forms of payment. Now I get to wait 6-8 days for Venmo to most likely tell me I'm SOL. If anyone has any experience fixing a claim like this through Venmo, let me know. Thanks, and stay safe!

OP
OP
jessezm

jessezm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man, this deserves an update.... If you've been living under a rock for the past week, here's the thread where the scam was fully unraveled, and the offending party brought to justice...

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 125 88.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back