Oh man this stinks(shoreline pet)

RWinfrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There big frag tank crashed this week . I talked with Jeremy yesterday he plans to rebuild . But wow this is horrible. I am sure they will be looking for corals soon .......

GobyApparatus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone.... So most of this is in the private forum but nobody looks at that.
Anyone in this hobby that a tank crash is almost always a case of not if but when. It's devastating... especially to a store. I will always be honest with my customers. Good or bad. I regret to inform you that our frag tank has crashed. The cause is very hard to determine. Our A/C unit was not working correctly for nearly a month, temperatures soared and the landlord didn't return my calls, we treated the tank with flatworm exit a few times trying to eradicate red planaria and lastly we did a deep cleaning of the tank with a large water change and had some issues getting all the levels where they needed to be after. So for the time being the tank is down. We've rescued what we could with the help of some great customers. Specifically I want to thank Jeremy (JerSaint), Kevin Vinal, Dan Gilmore, Bob Winfrey and Bob From Exotic Fish & Coral. Some of them were able to taking surviving coral, clams, anemones so we could save what we could. Others have helped and continue to help with advice as we take this opportunity to rebuild the system to make it better than ever.
I also want to highlight Bob from Exotic Fish & Coral. While I can only assume some stores may be happy to see my tank down, Bob has extended a branch and offered to help me in any way he can. I extended that branch to another store who had some difficulties this year. People like Bob and the others I mentioned above are why I love this business.
Now the good news.... this gives us the opportunity to make some tweaks to the system so it will be better than ever. With plenty of cycled water and live rock in our other systems it should be back up and running quickly.
In the meantime, please still come and visit. We could use the support. We have an absurdly large inventory of fish in right now and are loaded up on dry goods. Go visit Bob too and tell him Jeromy sent you.

Thanks to all of our customers for their support and understanding. We will keep you updated.

GobyApparatus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone.... So most of this is in the private forum but nobody looks at that.
Anyone in this hobby that a tank crash is almost always a case of not if but when. It's devastating... especially to a store. I will always be honest with my customers. Good or bad. I regret to inform you that our frag tank has crashed. The cause is very hard to determine. Our A/C unit was not working correctly for nearly a month, temperatures soared and the landlord didn't return my calls, we treated the tank with flatworm exit a few times trying to eradicate red planaria and lastly we did a deep cleaning of the tank with a large water change and had some issues getting all the levels where they needed to be after. So for the time being the tank is down. We've rescued what we could with the help of some great customers. Specifically I want to thank Jeremy (JerSaint), Kevin Vinal, Dan Gilmore, Bob Winfrey and Bob From Exotic Fish & Coral. Some of them were able to taking surviving coral, clams, anemones so we could save what we could. Others have helped and continue to help with advice as we take this opportunity to rebuild the system to make it better than ever.
I also want to highlight Bob from Exotic Fish & Coral. While I can only assume some stores may be happy to see my tank down, Bob has extended a branch and offered to help me in any way he can. I extended that branch to another store who had some difficulties this year. People like Bob and the others I mentioned above are why I love this business.
Now the good news.... this gives us the opportunity to make some tweaks to the system so it will be better than ever. With plenty of cycled water and live rock in our other systems it should be back up and running quickly.
In the meantime, please still come and visit. We could use the support. We have an absurdly large inventory of fish in right now and are loaded up on dry goods. Go visit Bob too and tell him Jeromy sent you.

Thanks to all of our customers for their support and understanding. We will keep you updated.

Vaiodude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about this Jeromy! I'm sure you will have it back up in no time.

It is awesome to see that we have great folks in the reefing community that want to help the LFS flourish and even LFS helping each other out!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back