Oh no- Not another Algae ID Thread

keywestreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to add another one to the list here. I have tried to find good examples of the algae that is currently starting showing in my Coral QT. Unfortunately I am just not confident enough in my findings. There is a fine growing green and another that appears to be a bit more brown. Not sure if same/different etc.

Tank: IM Nuvo 25 Lagoon
Skimmer- IM Nuvo Skim-
Tank is about 6 weeks old and stocked with some Dwarf Ceriths, Nassarius, Florida Ceriths, Nerites, Turbo Snails, small misc hermits, and African Reef hermits.
Salt- Tropic Marin Pro Reef
Water Changes- 20% Every 10 ish days.

Here is my water testing results and some photos of the algae. Thank you in advance for the help :).
1595208496944.png
IMG_1977.jpg
IMG_1978.PNG
IMG_1979.PNG
6481CC8D-D55D-448A-AAE8-2D49C8009C5C.JPG

Before you beat me up on the SPS, it was a dumb impulse buy prior to doing more research :( Doing my best to keep them alive.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evening,

The numbers don’t look bad. It could be normal growth pains like diatoms and some hair algae. What are you using for flow in the tank? It may need a little more flow.

OP
OP
keywestreefer

keywestreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evening,

The numbers don’t look bad. It could be normal growth pains like diatoms and some hair algae. What are you using for flow in the tank? It may need a little more flow.
Thanks so much for the reply. .

I have an MP10 in the tank. It’s currently set on about 30% in lagoon mode. I had the flow around 60% but was swishing the snails all around. I have another mp10 that’s the wireless version. Was thinking about switching it out as the current one I don’t have programmed.
Certainly glad to hear it doesn’t appear to be Dino’s.

thanks again for the input. I’ll try to turn up flow a little.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back