Ohhh no.... another Post about Dinos....

Johny_Dough

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I try not writing novels but have so much to ask... and want to answer questions I know are coming in advance. Also I'm hoping for an orange lens filter for my birthday... till then. my photos still need help.

So new to the hobby, Because I do not seem to have a low nutrient problem I assumed it was a standard case of the Uglies...? But know I'm not sure...

Red Sea Max s Tank is 5 months

UV 57 watt flow is currently around 175 gph
Paramaters
Temp - 78.9
salt - 35 (Milwalkee)
PH - 8.2 (Apex / Hanna)
Nitrate - 14.5 (not dosing and seems stable in the last 2 weeks) (Hanna)
Phosphate - .04 (Hanna) (I am running GFO reactor so I can adjust this a little.
Alk - 9kh ish (Apex / Hanna)
Calcium - 475ish (Apex reading low and Hanna reading high)
Mag - 1300 (Apex and Hanna)

Haven't changed much in a few weeks.
2 or 3 weeks ago I clean everything and did a 20 percent water change. A Seahare (Long story different thread) died so I also swapped out my carbon. I've pretty much left everything alone since then

Couple questions here for informative purposes... (Not panicking...)

Corals for the most part are not to upset with the exception of
Monti Setosa which seems to be getting covered by whatever this algae is... I suspected flow is to low in the spot it's in.

Think I should move him or is it to late?

Golden hammer is doing fine I guess it is a newer addition not quite as extended as in the story display.

Fish and other inhabitants don't seem bothered.

Noticed a rough smell from my skimmer and the skim mate was pitch black and had a strong sulfur smell? Is that normal?

A few days ago the brown film took over the glass... scrapped it off and it disappeared...

It seems to be bubbling ing places?

Anyway thought I would share some crappy photos to see what you all thought.

With the blues on I barely notice an issue...

IMG_0755.jpeg

IMG_0738.jpeg

IMG_0752.jpeg
IMG_0753.jpeg
IMG_0756.jpeg

OP
OP
Johny_Dough

Johny_Dough

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It occurs to me that the black skim mate could be from the new carbon... I did rinse it till clear. It is Rea Sea Reef carbon. In a bag in sump before return camber. Water runs through it but it is not rolling.

Last edited:

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 61 40.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 43 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back