Ohio reefer moved to Michigan

After much testing and even having two stores test my water they said I should be fine adding the clowns. I picked up a cheap zoa frag to see how it'll do, and two clowns. I'll post pictures in a minuet.
 
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1402513909.571035.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1402513947.149227.jpg
 
I know it's early on but a local reefer was shutting down his tank and had some nice coral at a steal. He was only two blocks over and my levels have been stable so I jumped on it.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1402769621.992580.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1402769635.927165.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1402769662.754891.jpg
 
So everything is doing well! The welso has fully opened. The zoas are showing great color! I traded away the leather because that's not something I would normally keep in my tank. The only issue I've been having is... Heat. The tank got up to 87 degrees yesterday with the heater unplugged. I
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1402925924.108598.jpg
ran a fan on it to cool it down and it went down to 78. It's the hood trapping the heat. I ordered a kessil a150w for this tank. I'm in the process of finding a alternative lid to keep fish off the carpet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new