Ok- Kessil vs. Ai Prime?

  • Thread starter Thread starter justjes45
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

justjes45

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 24, 2015
Messages
1,156
Reaction score
543
What state or country do you live in
Vermont
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your thoughts?
 
More information on the setup?

I think you will find this is going to be largely a matter of opinion. I recently went through the same debate with my new setup. It is kind of like comparing Chevy and Ford.

I went with the AI over the Kessil. I decided this for two reasons. First I was going to need 2 x A360x with a controller to cover my tank or I could get 1 x AI hydra 52. I did some research and like how I can control the AI through my phone without the need for an extra controller. Plus, I saved money by only needing 1 AI vs 2 Kessil.
 
Can’t answer the question without knowing which Kessil you are referring to
 
What are your thoughts?

If you use the R2R search function and enter "Kessil vs. AI Prime" then you should find several related threads. What are you planning to use the light(s) for (e.g., depth of tank, width of needed coverage, reef/FOWLR, etc.)? Do you have a specific Kessil in mind? Good luck!
 
I have an AI prime on my 40 gallon innovative marine cube tank. Honestly, I have been pretty happy with it. But I was talking to a gentleman today that felt as if they are prime had hotspots therefore burning some corals. And he felt that maybe the Kessil had a better overall light with a truer color. Maybe it is how I have my Ai Prime set? And then again – like I said I have not had any problems, I was just curious to see what the general consensus was out there.
 
I’ve seen corals look really good under AP700s... I do like Kessil shimmer, so between the two? I’d maybe go Kessil, although I don’t experience with either myself, just based on seeing people’s tanks with my own eyes.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 23.3%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new