OK TO USE API TESTING LIQUID AND OTHER STUFF

THE REEF WHISPER

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 15, 2025
Messages
927
Reaction score
297
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
4 YEARS STRONG – 13.5 GAL FLUVAL EVO
I’m deep in high school and the tank is still 100 % alive and growing.

REALLY WAS WONDERING ID THE API TESTING LIQUID KIT THE SALT WATER AND THE MASTER REEF KIT OK TO USE I HAVE BEEN USING IT FOR THE DAY I STARTED MY TANK 4 YEARS AGO

CURRENT LINEUP

8" Long Tentacle Anemone (getting rehomed soon)

Two Rainbow Bubble Tips (3–4")

One clownfish that never leaves them

24K Gold Torch (2 heads)

Green splatter/purple-tip Hammer (3 heads)

Rainbow Hammer

Duncan frag (one head)

Small leather coral

6 mushrooms

4 zoa frags

One extra random LPS

All running under a single $99 65 W Nicrew light.
Parameters right now (API)
Ammonia 0 · Nitrite 0 · Nitrate 5 ppm (after 20+ days no water change) · Phosphate 0
No GFO or Chemi-Pure anymore – the 4-year-old rock, sand, and coral load keep it locked in. Light brown diatom dust on the sand shows up when I slack on feeding, disappears the second I feed the nems.

Most people quit nanos in the first year… I’m still proving a 13-gallon can be a legit reef.
High school schedule is crazy, but the tank still gets love. Upgrade coming one day… or I’ll just keep pushing the Evo limits 🔥 THANK YOU ALL FOR SUPPORTING ME
 
Last edited:
API test kits are great as a backup although they are just not as precise. They are also a lot quicker to do. I do not completely knock them off like some do although if you have a large tank a master Hannah is worth it for precision.
 
API are good for starting a tank as well as back up as noted before. If you're getting into some of the higher price livestock I feel it's more beneficial to investigate some better testing kits based on what you're trying to do.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new