ok we've seen all the good.....tell me about the bad though

ca2or

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I am referring to is purchases or trades you have done that made you feel....mislead. I do NOT want to read specific's about a member or store whether they are involved with this site or not........PLEASE no bashing....but I am hoping that others might be able to learn from our mistakes. So if you wouldn't mind....tell me what happened to you that wasn't what you expected.

Here is my most recent one....I found a trade for a fairly large Milli colony....the asking price was fair and we found a trade....initial asking price was like $60 so I through him over $100 in frags....this is what I got.
32350125-0b60-70de.jpg

Now I know this will color up to be what I was expecting...but I wasn't told that it was brown or even slightly brown...in fact the pictures I was shown were of a very vibrant Milli colony....but I could tell from the pic's that this was the exact same colony....just not quite as happy.

I would call this a lucky one though as I do have a live coral that will recover and be what I wanted providing I don't do something stupid.....ok....so it has a 50/50 shot when taking that into consideration...but still. I have had other interactions as well that went far worse....some unintentional and others not so much. I had one guy I bought ricordia from....$300 worth for 60 pieces of various Florida Ric's....not bad right?....wrong....at least half were dead on arrival....just mats of gunk that quickly melted away in my tank...and the ones that did make it through...were BROWN...I didn't even know there were brown Ric's....NEVER bought another coral from another states Craigslist...keeping it local from now on when it comes to CL....I am even finding myself bringing simple dip stick test kits with me when doing trades....just to get an idea of how different our water might be.....kinda wish I had a par meter too....:tongue:

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 87 42.6%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 99 48.5%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.4%
Back