Ok, who's coming to see us at the R2R booth at ReefAPalooza in Dallas, Texas?

BRS

Would you like to attend the ReefAPalooza show in Dallas, Texas?

• YES I would love to go!

Votes: 197 68.2%
  • YES and I am going!

Votes: 33 11.4%
  • No I'm not too keen on going to awesome reef shows

Votes: 26 9.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 33 11.4%

• Total voters

Opus

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
No I haven’t been to any for a few years now with my house being basically destroyed during the freeze last year. I haven’t had a tank and didn’t feel like going and looking at a bunch of awesomeness knowing I didn’t have a place to put/use it.
Sorry to hear that. I was lucky and my power would cycle back on for around 30 minutes every couple of hours. Hopefully it never happens again but from what I've read they haven't done anything to fix the electrical grid.

chk4tix

Not a bot
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Sorry to hear that. I was lucky and my power would cycle back on for around 30 minutes every couple of hours. Hopefully it never happens again but from what I've read they haven't done anything to fix the electrical grid.
Thanks, I think we would have be ok if power was at least cycled in my area, but It was out for nearly 3 days and on the day I finally was able to get a portable generator, the temperature rose just enough to pop the sprinklers in the ceilings.
I hope it never happens again, however, during the restoration process I had them add a generator so I will reduce the impact related to the power supply.

Opus

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I will be attending my first reefapalooza. Looking forward to meeting other people in the hobby. Anyone have suggestions for travel from airport to the convention?
Are you wanting directions or actual transportation method. If directions, it is very simple. Take the north exit out of the airport and follow signs to Hwy 121, which is basically the road that goes thru the airport but it has a different name. Stay on 121 for several miles and it will turn into Sam Rayburn Tollway. Stay on that until you see the exit for Dallas North Tollway (DNT). You may need to exit before the Dallas North Tollway on ramp, not sure, but you want to be on the access road for Sam Rayburn and go under DNT and then get on the DNT access road heading north. You should see Ikea on your right and then some apartments with the Rough Riders baseball stadium behind them. At the light (Gaylord Pkwy) take a right and the venue is on your right. There are a couple of hotels there and some arenas where there used to be a semi-pro basketball team, not sure if they are still around. The Dallas Stars headquarters is also located there. If you care, the next exit north and to the west about a block is what we call Jerry World, the headquarters of the Dallas Cowboys.

Opus

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Thanks for input. I won't be driving , was looking at uber, lyft, taxi, or some other cheap transportation.
I have no idea on that kind of transportation, I never use it. My son looked at Uber to go to the dentist and it was going to be $40 plus tip for round trip, and that is a lot closer than your route.

Peace River

Thrive Master
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I have no idea on that kind of transportation, I never use it. My son looked at Uber to go to the dentist and it was going to be $40 plus tip for round trip, and that is a lot closer than your route.

Good feedback! FWIW - in my experience the price of Uber seems to vary based on supply and demand. The same route could change at different times of the day/night.

chinkle

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Untitled-20.gif

We will have R2R Swag, Amazing Prizes, Candy, Live FREE Raffle, Hugs and more!

We're also going to give extra tickets to members who wear R2R gear and other various things! @[email protected] will help keep this thread updated to share what prizes we're going to have at our booth this year! Our show raffle is FREE!

Here's a hint for some of the prizes we will have...
1662842184402.png

1663080963877.png

Screenshot 2022-09-10 at 16-39-21 Texas Reef-A-Palooza.png

Also come see Mr. R2R himself!!
B0D54288-DCA4-49A3-9F86-F39C333D097C.jpeg
I'm going. Only 2.5 hour drive including 1 bio-stop. Let me know of any must see's or do's

Opus

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Which day is everyone going? I went to aquashella on saturday last year. I decided on Sunday for RAP, hoping I can get some good deals.
I may do both. You may get some good deals if attendance is not there. Based on what I've seen with our other frag swaps this year, no one has been going. With the 2 big shows being at odds with each other, you may not get the out of town crowds. It is just really hard to gauge against Aquashella since it has freshwater too and a lot of the people there are the freshwater crowd.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+4 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+4 /0 /-0
Untitled-20.gif

We will have R2R Swag, Amazing Prizes, Candy, Live FREE Raffle, Hugs and more!

We're also going to give extra tickets to members who wear R2R gear and other various things! @[email protected] will help keep this thread updated to share what prizes we're going to have at our booth this year! Our show raffle is FREE!

Here's a hint for some of the prizes we will have...
1662842184402.png

1663080963877.png

Screenshot 2022-09-10 at 16-39-21 Texas Reef-A-Palooza.png

Also come see Mr. R2R himself!!
B0D54288-DCA4-49A3-9F86-F39C333D097C.jpeg
this is what I'm Talking about !!!

1663977519936.png

[email protected]

Living the Reef Life
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
BRS

How have you used eggcrate in or around your aquarium?

• Aquarium lid

Votes: 61 31.3%
  • Frag rack

Votes: 102 52.3%
  • Skimmer stand

Votes: 65 33.3%
  • Sump Divider

Votes: 37 19.0%
  • Other (please describe in the discussion)

Votes: 30 15.4%
  • I have not used eggcrate in or around my aquarium

Votes: 49 25.1%
AVAST