Okay, how do I get more baby starfish?

DoINeedAName?

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had a lot of baby starfish in my tank, almost 25, and my mom loved them so much. She even named then the “starmy” and would coo at them when she saw them. We recently had a tank crash and lost all but five or six. I was wondering how I would go about getting more. We do not own any full grown starfish, they were hitchhikers on live rock we bought. If you know how I would go about doing this or happen to have any on hand (I live in the loxley region in Alabama. Close to orange beach if you’re not familiar with down here.) please tell me

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Order some asterina starfish

jt8791

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got micro brittle stars from addictive reef keeping in Florida. Haven’t seen a single one since I added them though

snorklr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if they were little white starfish about 10mm across they werent babies...they were adult asternia starfish...yes they show up as hitchhikers and a lot of people hate them ...they can detach an arm and it will regenerate into another starfish....so dont worry you'll probably have more eventually...idk if anybody actually sells them as they are usually considered a pest

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had a lot of baby starfish in my tank, almost 25, and my mom loved them so much. She even named then the “starmy” and would coo at them when she saw them. We recently had a tank crash and lost all but five or six. I was wondering how I would go about getting more. We do not own any full grown starfish, they were hitchhikers on live rock we bought. If you know how I would go about doing this or happen to have any on hand (I live in the loxley region in Alabama. Close to orange beach if you’re not familiar with down here.) please tell me

Asternia stars... they will reproduce and come back.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ask this guy for some or ask them what they do to get huge populations like they do ^_^
But be careful what you wish for ha ha

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They eat coral. I spent the better part of a year murdering all mine. If you have 1 eventually you’ll have hundreds. There’s no such thing as 1 asterina.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back