Okay to move large glass tank vertically (empty)

  • Thread starter Thread starter mphammer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mphammer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 18, 2020
Messages
57
Reaction score
55
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to get a 210 gallon, 72" glass tank inside. The room that it is going in is located off of a hallway, so there is no way to keep the tank in its normal orientation and get it in.
Is it okay to tip a large tank like this vertically for a couple minutes to navigate it around a tight bend? I just don't want to put any weird pressure on the tank.
Thanks for input!
 
I am trying to get a 210 gallon, 72" glass tank inside. The room that it is going in is located off of a hallway, so there is no way to keep the tank in its normal orientation and get it in.
Is it okay to tip a large tank like this vertically for a couple minutes to navigate it around a tight bend? I just don't want to put any weird pressure on the tank.
Thanks for input!
No problem.
 
I stored a 150 long (72x24x21) on edge in the garage for about 5 years while I finished the basement. Leak tested it for a week or so then moved it into place. No problems at all.
 
I've moved several tanks using a hand truck with the tank standing on it's end.
Just watch those corners as you are making the turn.
 
do not pivot on corners,and have 2 more buddys than you think you need standing around ;)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new