Okinawa Clam Farm

  • Thread starter Thread starter Asagi
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Asagi

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 27, 2015
Messages
726
Reaction score
783
Location
Southern California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I will be making a trip to Okinawa this summer.

In the past I have seen posts on here with members mentioning their contacts in Okinawa for clams.

Does anyone know a location in Okinawa of a tridacna farm?

Would love to visit.
 
I wish I could go there!
 
I found a coral farm. I’ll visit that one. No clam farm info yet. I tracked down the one dude who said his buddy ran one in a clam forum thread. Sadly nothing back from him yet…
 
Hi All,

I will be making a trip to Okinawa this summer.

In the past I have seen posts on here with members mentioning their contacts in Okinawa for clams.

Does anyone know a location in Okinawa of a tridacna farm?

Would love to visit.

Unrelated but if you can swing it head up north to the Churaumi Aquarium. Amazing place.

I would also encourage you to get certified and go scuba diving there if you are not already. Or at least hit up a couple beaches local shops recommend for snorkeling. I say local shops because some areas are still dangerous due to ordinance from past wars.

I spent 4 years there. Great place and amazing people.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new