Old and new livestock suggestions

Knr499

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New tank ready for fish 90 gallon, bashsea fuge, AI primes.
Compatibility? Bio load?

1 Kole yellow eye tang, to be added last
1 pajama cardinal
1 banggai cardinal
1 flamefish cardinal
3 limbaughi chromis
1 fire fish goby
1 wheeler watchman goby, to pair with snapping shrimp?
1 coral beauty angel
1 lemon peel angel
1 fairy wrasse, type TBD
1 coral banded shrimp
1 red mandarin when tank is mature.

i do plan on adding coral in near future.

Thanks

Last edited:

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would take the opportunity to send back to the LFS the Sail Fin Tang (will get way too big for a 90 gal tank) and the Sixline Wrasse (way too mean)
In addition to what you wanted, consider:
1. A different tang, a Yellow tang, Purple tang, Kole tang or a Tomini tang. My favorite would be a Purple tang.
2. Two Flasher Wrasses. Favorite would be Diamond Tail Flasher, Eightline Flasher, Yellow Fin Flasher or McCosker Flasher. Below are a few pictures of my Flasher wrasses. You should really consider these fish. There are no other fish that are more colorful than Flasher wrasses
Blue Flasher
BlueFlasher2019052801.jpg

Carpenter Flasher
CarpenterFlasher2016010601.jpg

Red Sea Eightline Flasher
EightlineFlasher2019061301.jpg

McCosker Flasher
McCoskeri2018051801resized.jpg

Diamond Tail Flasher
P attenuatus2020070401.jpg

Yellow Fin Flasher
YellowfinFlasher2018071602.jpg

3. Another Coral Beauty angel. Nothing is more rewarding than watching a pair of angels spawning.
4. Consider a Radiant Wrasse, the most colorful of the Halichoeres wrasse
Radiant Wrasse
RadiantWrasse2020121706.jpg

5. 90 gal is a little too small for a pair of Mandarin. Get a male Dragonette, they are more beautiful and will display without a female.
Here are a few pictures of my Flasher wrasses. You should really consider these fish. There are no fish that are more colorful than Flasher wrasse

OP
OP
Knr499

Knr499

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would take the opportunity to send back to the LFS the Sail Fin Tang (will get way too big for a 90 gal tank) and the Sixline Wrasse (way too mean)
In addition to what you wanted, consider:
1. A different tang, a Yellow tang, Purple tang, Kole tang or a Tomini tang. My favorite would be a Purple tang.
2. Two Flasher Wrasses. Favorite would be Diamond Tail Flasher, Eightline Flasher, Yellow Fin Flasher or McCosker Flasher. Below are a few pictures of my Flasher wrasses. You should really consider these fish. There are no other fish that are more colorful than Flasher wrasses
Blue Flasher
BlueFlasher2019052801.jpg

Carpenter Flasher
CarpenterFlasher2016010601.jpg

Red Sea Eightline Flasher
EightlineFlasher2019061301.jpg

McCosker Flasher
McCoskeri2018051801resized.jpg

Diamond Tail Flasher
P attenuatus2020070401.jpg

Yellow Fin Flasher
YellowfinFlasher2018071602.jpg

3. Another Coral Beauty angel. Nothing is more rewarding than watching a pair of angels spawning.
4. Consider a Radiant Wrasse, the most colorful of the Halichoeres wrasse
Radiant Wrasse
RadiantWrasse2020121706.jpg

5. 90 gal is a little too small for a pair of Mandarin. Get a male Dragonette, they are more beautiful and will display without a female.
Here are a few pictures of my Flasher wrasses. You should really consider these fish. There are no fish that are more colorful than Flasher wrasse
I have been considering trading sailfin so I probably will. We have had her three years and she is only about 3 inches now. Probably is a good time to trade her before she grows more. The six line can definitely go away. No attachment got him to control an excess of bristle worms, done his job so he can go now. I love the idea of multiple angels. How can you tell sex on coral beauty and is it possible to have coral beauty with a lemon peel in a 90 gal. Love your wrasses by the way!

OP
OP
Knr499

Knr499

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also curious about cardinals. Have 1 pajama, want to add 1 banggai now my wife saw a flamefish cardinal. Would it be safe to have three, 1 of each?

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been considering trading sailfin so I probably will. We have had her three years and she is only about 3 inches now. Probably is a good time to trade her before she grows more. The six line can definitely go away. No attachment got him to control an excess of bristle worms, done his job so he can go now. I love the idea of multiple angels. How can you tell sex on coral beauty and is it possible to have coral beauty with a lemon peel in a 90 gal. Love your wrasses by the way!
Coral Beauty male have more purple, blue and iridescent blue. The problem is CB at various location have different amount of the darker coloration. It is possible that the shape of the fin, Caudal and Anal fins are different, but I don't know this. I spend a lot of time observing my angels and I think I was the person first report the color and fin shape different in Flameback Angels. I have not keep too many CB, other than one or two many. many years ago when I was a newbie.
With that said, Dwarf Angels are Protogynous Hermaphodies but can have bidirectional change. These fish are Juvenile, then Female then Male. How ever the Male can revert back to Female. This reverse sex change can happen but are stressful for them due to the fight they have with the dominant male, and many died before complete the change. Adding two small one or a larger and a small, the smaller the better so you can be sure that it is still a juvenile or at most a female, and you will have your pair.
BTW, I have a short thread on my Flame back Harem, if you want to look it up
Good Luck

OP
OP
Knr499

Knr499

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New list, input appreciated

1 Kole yellow eye tang, to be added last
1 pajama cardinal
1 banggai cardinal
1 flamefish cardinal
3 limbaughi chromis
1 fire fish goby
1 wheeler watchman goby, to pair with snapping shrimp?
1 coral beauty angel
1 lemon peel angel
1 fairy wrasse, type TBD
1 coral banded shrimp
1 red mandarin when tank is mature.

These are wants, final choices will be based on compatibility. Advice greatly appreciate, I want to do it right this time, lol.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
two cardinaks may fued. Im not too concerned right now about sailfin as they dont grow fast
Looks like a list of color and movement with fih at every level in the tank as cardinal are mid tank, chromis upper tank, etc.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For Flasher and Fairy wrasses, it is best to keep at least two of different species. Two male will display and compete with each other and show the best coloration.

OP
OP
Knr499

Knr499

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For Flasher and Fairy wrasses, it is best to keep at least two of different species. Two male will display and compete with each other and show the best coloration.
Sounds good, thank you For your input. Do you see any compatibility issues with rest of my list?

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 120 58.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 30.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 74 36.1%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 34 16.6%
  • Other

Votes: 61 29.8%
Back