Old Florescent Light for Refugium

aesp533262

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 22, 2009
Messages
7
Reaction score
4
Location
Hickory, NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like the title says, I have an old Perfecto 17w florescent light from a fresh water tank (i think) has a daylight bulb that is forever old. Could this fixture be used for a fuge? should I change the bulb or would this old bulb be usable?
 
You can use it, but it's probably not strong enough to keep any sort of macro algae alive and thriving. You will be able to see what is what though.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new