Old meets new, help with new technologies

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Joined
Nov 8, 2017
Messages
9,578
Reaction score
20,061
Location
Fullerton, California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, if you read my intro, I'm very old school. Can you gales and guys, bring me up to date with latest technologies , terminologies, etc.... here. I'm familiar with some. Add picture or two if possible. Please help. Screenshot_2017-11-12-07-17-11.png
 
Can you be a bit bit more specific?

As a guy who learned most all of it from the old school , and wades through the new school, I can say this. Nothing has changed.

Its like not having a dog for couple of decades. Theres new food and wifi pooper scoopers, but it's still a dog.
 
Sure, like lighting controls to dim, time, etc. On diff. Forums in this Web site, I read names of products, some abbreviated, hope that helps. From 1981-1988, tech. was simpler and of course not as advanced. Very little digital test equipment, lighting only halide & florescent, for the most part.
Hope this helped.
 
Here's one on the common terms
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/deciphering-hobby-talk-acronyms-and-commonly-used-terms.330/

On lighting , they are all just over complicated on off switches. Many have gone back to the t5 MH due to the simplicity of it.

On controllers and testing tech.
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2556949

Defintly look at the stickies here in each of the forums. Click the specific forum header to find those.


I'm old school on research. I prefer articles from experts to understand the systems. Opinions in forums while helpful , sometimes muddy the water.
 
Right, thank's for info. I still have some equipment I make (1995)to simulate tide coming in then out. It's designed to preserve zooplankton in tank, (you'll see crush coral in bottom of show tank,I'm cycling tank as we speak )acts as barrier. I always enjoyed carnation coral and all nps corals. Let me know what you think, Search
DIY-Tide control reef system (low budget)
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new