Old RODI system other uses

Louie Chavez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m replacing my entire RODI system. I’d hate to throw away the old unit. Has anyone used the old unit for anything? I was thinking the housing is clear so light can be used. If I get rid of the filters and just used the canisters, could be used for growing macro algae’s? Hope that makes sense.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m replacing my entire RODI system. I’d hate to throw away the old unit. Has anyone used the old unit for anything? I was thinking the housing is clear so light can be used. If I get rid of the filters and just used the canisters, could be used for growing macro algae’s? Hope that makes sense.
possible - but why not just sell it - since there are many other things that could be used for your macro algae project

zpete3323

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size is the inlet/outlet? I used my extra canisters as water polishers using a standard 10x2 filter 50micron. Helped clean up the water column running a couple hours a day.

OP
OP
Louie Chavez

Louie Chavez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size is the inlet/outlet? I used my extra canisters as water polishers using a standard 10x2 filter 50micron. Helped clean up the water column running a couple hours a day.
I believe they’re 1/4” in and out. I’m not sure if they could be bigger. I would need a pump to push the water through.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 122 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back