Older MP10 control?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

GalaxyBenny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys -

Does anyone know if a 2011 vintage MP10 can be controlled with the vortech controller? I see clearly where there are issues with the newest software versions, but I assume there is also a backward cut-off. Any advice would be most appreciated.

Cheers!

OP
OP
GalaxyBenny

GalaxyBenny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA - Any thoughts on this? I see from your website that any firmware version prior to 1.4.1 should work with the Vortech controller. So even though the pump is Ecotech MP10 is a 2011 model, it should work with the GHL controller right? Can a pump be TOO old or not have the right feature to physically connect with the GHL Vortech controller?

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can purchase an upgrade driver MP10QD for $50 from BRS and add a now available mobius chip if that helps. I ave upgraded 3 MP10's with white drivers. I get them off the webs for under $100
Hope this helps, not familiar with the GHL workings but you can bring your MP10 into current specs for under $100

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any Vortech pump that is running pre-mobius firmware, will work with the GHL Vortech Controller accessory.

Mobius FW has locked out 3rd party control and FW rollback is not an option.

OP
OP
GalaxyBenny

GalaxyBenny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much. I will let you know. I assume your green board models have the wifi module? From all my reading and the responses above, it seems like the Mobius capability (black board) doesn't matter in my case. I just need it to have the wifi so that it can communicate with the GHL Vortech control module.

Full disclosure, I'm actually looking to purchase these MP10s from another local hobbyist, so I just wanted to make sure the older version would work before I pulled the trigger. I think I now have enough info to go check out the units and determine if they have the right board/serial number/illuminated "W" to confirm if they will work for me.

Again it's much appreciated though. I will let you know.

OP
OP
GalaxyBenny

GalaxyBenny

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The guy is offering 2x MP10s for $100. So it seemed like a good deal, especially if they are Wi-Fi and will connect with the GHL.

I like my Nero 3 well enough, but annoyed at not being able to control feed mode etc from one place. Hoping to try everything in one app instead of 2. Depending on what I find when I see the pumps I’ll let you know on the controllers. Thanks again.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 171 67.6%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back