Older Vortech MP40 ES still worth it?

Gatorj31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a chance to buy used MP40s for ~$100 with battery backups available as well. From what I can find the quiet drives came out about 7 yrs ago. Do you think these older MP40s are worth it? They look fairly new to me and considering new ones are $400 I’m tempted to buy them. Seller said he’d do $500 for the whole package.

9752007A-0858-4BB7-85DF-8AE6456C5AA5.png

BlackLitez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw this post on facebook as well. I thought it was too good to be true, so didn't even inquire. I would get it for the battery backups alone. I guess you inquired and found out it wasn't $100 for the whole package.

Looks like it is 3 MP40s and a MP10, the post description wasn't very helpful

OP
OP
Gatorj31

Gatorj31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, and he isn’t the most pleasant person to deal with. I thought it was a great deal until I saw how old they were. I believe it’s $100 each but even that question doesn’t get a straight answer

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The questions with used equipment - how old is the equipment, bought new or used, current condition, and most importantly, why are they selling it?

Can you wirelessly control these with a ReefLink?

If you can get the answers you want for these questions, then think about purchasing. If you can’t get satisfactory answers to these questions for any used item - then it’s a definite NO!

OP
OP
Gatorj31

Gatorj31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The questions with used equipment - how old is the equipment, bought new or used, current condition, and most importantly, why are they selling it?

Can you wirelessly control these with a ReefLink?

If you can get the answers you want for these questions, then think about purchasing. If you can’t get satisfactory answers to these questions for any used item - then it’s a definite NO!
95% of people are going to lie about every question, at least where I live. I asked him how old they are (knowing they haven’t been made in 5+ yrs) and he said two yrs old. I’m sure he’d say they are ‘like new’ too.

I just went to look at a brand new tank, or so it said. When I got there it was so old the box was yellowing from age. It was probably over 15 years old.

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
95% of people are going to lie about every question, at least where I live. I asked him how old they are (knowing they haven’t been made in 5+ yrs) and he said two yrs old. I’m sure he’d say they are ‘like new’ too.

I just went to look at a brand new tank, or so it said. When I got there it was so old the box was yellowing from age. It was probably over 15 years old.
The reason you are asking these questions is to gauge the truthfulness of the answers. Admit that it’s not a perfect solution but If you doubt the truthfulness of his answers, then you have your answer whether you should buy or not.

Last edited:

mermaid_life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a watch out..... Bought a used back up battery and it died within a year. No idea how old it was but it looked old. Didn't think about batteries having a lifespan back then.

OP
OP
Gatorj31

Gatorj31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, I decided against. I could tell he’s just trying to get rid of them and obviously made false statements. A lot of negative reviews in general for the mp40’s so I’m probably going with something else anyhow

Back