Olympics, but for reefing

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gman83
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Gman83

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 22, 2022
Messages
4,809
Reaction score
18,947
Location
KC area
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was watching the Olympics this morning, and started thinking what if there was a contest like the Olympics, but with reefing events.

For example, I think it would be fun to watch and compete in (if I could qualify) in an aquascape competition. There could be four size categories: nano, 75gal, 220gal, and large (at least a 96" x 30" foot print). Each competitor in the size category gets the same amount of dry rock, super glue/epoxy/mortar, and tools. The competitors would have a set amount of time to build a scape for their size.

They would be judged on creativity, use of space, and strength/stability.

What other events would be fun to watch or compete in?
 
Fastest water change could be one.
I had a thread over fishing participating on the elusive sport of carpet surfing
 
The aquascaping competitions actually do exist for freshwater.....just not enough variety in saltwater scaping materials to make it worthwhile I think 🙁
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 46 33.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new