OP
tcmfish

tcmfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evansi anthias are just referred to as Evansi anthias in my experience.

Tuka are probably the most common and are referred to as Purple Queen Anthias.

Pascalus can be rare. Not sure on a common name. Probably mislabeled as Purple Queen Anthias a lot.

All three species can be a bit tricky to feed at first. They require super small prey items. Way smaller than their mouths. Usually a mix of newly hatched baby brine nauplii and enriched adult brine get them going. We also culture Parvocalanus copepods that they get fed occasionally. Cyclopeeze is another option, and small mysis shrimps like hykari. Once they grow they eat more but newly imported fish are quite small relatively.

mmw64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Pascalus can be rare. Not sure on a common name. Probably mislabeled as Purple Queen Anthias a lot.

All three species can be a bit tricky to feed at first. They require super small prey items. Way smaller than their mouths. Usually a mix of newly hatched baby brine nauplii and enriched adult brine get them going. We also culture Parvocalanus copepods that they get fed occasionally. Cyclopeeze is another option, and small mysis shrimps like hykari. Once they grow they eat more but newly imported fish are quite small relatively.
Thanks for the information.

OP
OP
tcmfish

tcmfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Strawberry Shortcake:
20160227_091133.jpg

Check back for growth on this section!!
20160227_091118.jpg

OP
OP
tcmfish

tcmfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New Pocillopora eydouxi:

20160318_152039.jpg

Reefgen Gold Dust Chalice:

20160318_151901.jpg

Hard to photograph but the Cirrhilabrus roseafacia wrasse is turning male and showing off more:

20160318_151839.jpg

Cool to see the Duncans closed up:

20160318_151555.jpg

My favorite part of the reef:

20160319_152505.jpg

Couple nice no name chalices:

20160319_152622.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just an amazing reef!

OP
OP
tcmfish

tcmfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of anthias are those??

Omahadanny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome reef! I was also just there yesterday morning! One of my favorite parts of the zoo! I wouldn't mind a piece of sps if they ever happened to chip off ;)

You wouldn't happen to clean the pinguin pool to would you? There were two zookeepers in scuba scribing rock and my little boy way mesmerized by it.

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome reef! Have to put this on my list of places to see for sure. Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
tcmfish

tcmfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
Was just there yesterday.

This picture is from our Sulawesi Beach exhibit with black sand. I take care of this tank as well.

Awesome reef! I was also just there yesterday morning! One of my favorite parts of the zoo! I wouldn't mind a piece of sps if they ever happened to chip off ;)

You wouldn't happen to clean the pinguin pool to would you? There were two zookeepers in scuba scribing rock and my little boy way mesmerized by it.

I don't take care of the penguins, we have different staff for different exhibits. The birds are under a whole different crew than the aquarium. Mostly corals for me, as well as jellies and some fish aquaculture.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome!

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 28 36.4%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 44 57.1%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back