Omaha Reef

Hope everyone has a nice thanksgiving! Here are some pictures before the holiday! :)

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
 
What a great job!!! I'm jealous:)
 
Happy new year!! Just beautiful!!
 
One of the nicer more realistic reefs I have seen!
 
What are the purple fish? Some have yellow too.

There is a mix of Pseudanthias pascalus (not pictured in that picture), and male and female Pseudanthias tuka and juvenile/female Pseudanthias evansi, in the picture you asked about. The P. evansi have more yellow and purple, with a mixing of purple and yellow similar to that of a royal gramma. The P. tuka are more orange and purple with males being all purple. The females have an orange stripe down the dorsal into the tail. The P. evansi is more of a diagonal split of yellow and purple.
 
Is there a common name? Are they rare or available for sale? I live on the West Coast and would love to find a source.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new