OP
amino

amino

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where and how did he get into your tank?
when i started this hobby i didn't have any idea about this hobby , so someone made the tank and brought me 50 KG purple and unrefined live rocks ,so i think he came to my tank like this

OP
OP
amino

amino

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm also jumping on the "how'd you trap him" bandwagon. I've had a loud clicking in my tank for a year or two, and keep toying with the idea of setting a trap.
you know i got him with a tiny bottle which i put a cub of frozen food in it.after 24 h i got him

OP
OP
amino

amino

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow you are so lucky you caught him. I had to tear down a tank once to get one. I didnt see it for over a year but I had mysterious deaths and saw evidence of its existence constantly. They are awesome in species tanks, I have never gotten around to it but have always said I will have a peacock mantis tank one day, such a cool animal.
dude thay are not cool . when they become bigger the will hunt all your fish and cleanup crow

ArowanaLover1902

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you have a reef dragon just chilling in your sump waiting for things to kill

OP
OP
amino

amino

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
super cool... can you explain what kinda trap you set up and how was the process of catching him?
thats a cool story to share.
dude put and empty bottle near his living area the use some frozen food inside it and be patient thats it .they are night hunter

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine came from the gulf of Mexico . I left him in the main tank.1/2 of what you hear is crap. I feed mine on a stick. he comes right out. he never touched a fish. maybe once in a while a hermit or snail. but I feel it,s worth it. part of a real reef

You may not have had a problem YET. But when it gets larger it will murder anything.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
You may not have had a problem YET. But when it gets larger it will murder anything.

From my experience, had one as a hitch-hiker and it killed everything but a yellow coris wrasse. It even killed and ate my sea-hare and the mantis was only 3" in length.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back