Starry triggerfish care and question's

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't find much information on this specific triggerfish in this website so I wanted to ask some question's regarding this fish

What is the care level of this trigger?

Can I keep nassarius snail's aswell as trochus snails with this trigger? If not, would yellow tail damsel's be a better option?

This fish is currently going in my 150 gallon tank with the current stocking listed below
Zebra eel
Fine spotted moray
Greasy grouper
Desjardini sailfin tang

Invert's
2 turbo trochus snails
1 nassarius snail

I wanna buy some more snails but I don't wanna risk the trigger consuming them, the trigger is gonna be about I assume 5 inches

Dbichler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Triggers will demolish ask cuc other than very thick shelled turbo snails and conchs. If turbos fall over they are eaten so you have to stay on top of flipping them back over.

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't find much information on this specific triggerfish in this website so I wanted to ask some question's regarding this fish

What is the care level of this trigger?

Can I keep nassarius snail's aswell as trochus snails with this trigger? If not, would yellow tail damsel's be a better option?

This fish is currently going in my 150 gallon tank with the current stocking listed below
Zebra eel
Fine spotted moray
Greasy grouper
Desjardini sailfin tang

Invert's
2 turbo trochus snails
1 nassarius snail

I wanna buy some more snails but I don't wanna risk the trigger consuming them, the trigger is gonna be about I assume 5 inches

OP
OP
H

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a big FOWLR. Good luck
Yes! I have some plans to make it a fully Predatory fowlr, though, since the sailfin tang needs to eat daily and i feed my tank about every 3 to 4 days i definitely have to move him out

OP
OP
H

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Triggers will demolish ask cuc other than very thick shelled turbo snails and conchs. If turbos fall over they are eaten so you have to stay on top of flipping them back over.
Oh, that does sound frustrating since my tank gets really dirty during feeding and some cuc would really help

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 91 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back