On Line Coral Companies

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 24, 2009
Messages
2,033
Reaction score
1,321
Location
D'Iberville Mississippi
What state or country do you live in
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is something I noticed, it maybe nothing but my imagination. I was looking at the World Wide Corals and the Atlantis Coral web sites the other day, I do this whenever I have nothing else to read just to look at the corals they have for sale, sort of window :wink: shopping. Anyway, it seems to me that these two companies have no where near the number of corals on their web sites for sale that they had say 1 1/2 yrs ago. I was guessing that the economy may have something to do with this or that a lot of people are buying their corals from other hobbyist in the for sale sections of the forums and saving a ton of money instead of paying the high $$$ prices that these companies charge, or maybe its just summer time and they are waiting for better shipping weather. What ever the reason, I know they have lees corals on their sites for sale, anyone have any thoughts on this?
 
Well, I know of 2 companies that only post cut to order corals (Tyree, Jason fox, etc) on their website because the buy it whole colonies sell so quick in-store that it would be a pain to keep the online store updated. This is mainly the reason why we don't post buy it whole (Colonies) items on out website unless it's special. It's a hard pill to swallow when you've spent 5-15 minutes taking pictures for a single product, watermarking, and uploading, then 5-10 more minutes getting the item on the site setting up shipping weights, uploading picture(s), pricing, and typing a description. That's 10-25 minutes per product (depending on how fast your computer is and if you have some kind of an auto system) do that with 20 corals and that's a lot of time invested into something that you'll sell within the next few days in store. Now that time is wasted unfortunately, but again this theory may not apply to everyone.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new