? on modular surface skimmer

  • Thread starter Thread starter kimba
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kimba

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 13, 2015
Messages
379
Reaction score
106
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have recently switched from a 12 gal JBJ nanocube deluxe to a 12 gal JBJ nanocube w/LEDs.

I kept this skimmer in my old tank and loved it. I cleaned it up so I could use it in my new tank and was surprised when I saw that my new tank came with one.

But I can't get the thing to work in my new tank. The right side keeps floating up. If I put enough water in it to work, it is waay past my fill line. When I take the water out, I get air bubbles.

I thought maybe the pump wasn't strong enough to pull the water through, so I put my old pump in (stronger than new pump) and still couldn't get it to work.

Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas?
1448053902112.jpg
1448053902112.jpg
1448053902112.jpg
1448053902112.jpg


20151120_155616.jpg
 
Sorry there are so many duplicates, I don't know how to delete them
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new