? on scarlett hermit crab molting.

  • Thread starter Thread starter aautio1004
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

aautio1004

newbie in training
View Badges
Joined
Nov 1, 2009
Messages
131
Reaction score
4
Location
janesville,wi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased a scarlett hermit yesterday for my reef cleanup crew. During the acclimating process he decided it was time to molt. How convenient huh? Anyway, after acclimating I put him in the tank and have noticed he's still not out moving around yet. I see his legs coming out from the shell so I know he's in there and if I shine a light on him he pops up in the shell so I know he's alive. He's just not moving around and being active yet. Is this normal? How long do they take after a molt to be ready to move around again? Thanks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new