Once thriving anemone now struggling

Alexreefer

Coral, Coral, Coral!!!
View Badges
Joined
Feb 19, 2018
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
1,244
Location
West suburbs of Chicago
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I've had this nem for a bit over a year. He was doing great at first, visually was growing crazy amounts till he reached close to 8 inches across. I was battling some algae issues and decided to kick on the gfo reactor. From that day on gfo running or not he will not open up more than 2 inches. I feed him regularly and he eats, he is hosting a clown but the clown doesn't seem to be bothering him. So what can be the reason he won't open as much? I'll post water parameters soon as well as some pics
 
The best i can give you is - something changed. Water? Light? Something?

Even slightest change can cause nems to be weird, i moved one of my lights 2cm to the left.....and from gorgeous, bubbly rbta, for month i watched grey blobs of closed and unhappy nems....

That is useless, i know, but.... Free bump.
 
The best i can give you is - something changed. Water? Light? Something?

Even slightest change can cause nems to be weird, i moved one of my lights 2cm to the left.....and from gorgeous, bubbly rbta, for month i watched grey blobs of closed and unhappy nems....

That is useless, i know, but.... Free bump.
Only thing I can think of is my gfo. But it's been off for weeks and I see no change
 
I was battling some algae issues and decided to kick on the gfo reactor.
Oh, sometimes I don't read too well ;)

How long has the nem been retracted? Has it been a while. I know whenever a change happens in my tank mine will get a little ticked off and make faces but usually comes back after a period of adjustment. Maybe it's just adjusting to your new parameters with low phosphate; test to make sure you didn't bottom out. GFO can work quickly and quick changes aren't generally good, not nec a death sentence but adjustment time is needed
 
Oh, sometimes I don't read too well ;)

How long has the nem been retracted? Has it been a while. I know whenever a change happens in my tank mine will get a little ticked off and make faces but usually comes back after a period of adjustment. Maybe it's just adjusting to your new parameters with low phosphate; test to make sure you didn't bottom out. GFO can work quickly and quick changes aren't generally good, not nec a death sentence but adjustment time is needed
It's been more than a month. I initially thought the same and turned off gfo. But he never returned back. He just stays small now. I feed him every other day. He eats and looks healthy. Just... small
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new